If you have been thinking about going back to school to finish your degree, the State of Florida and the University of West Florida have a new program just for you. Bob Barrett spoke about the "Complete Florida" program with Dr. Pam Northrup, Associate Provost and Executive Director of the Innovation Institute at UWF.
- The program is for people who have completed some college, but still need more credit to complete their degree. It was designed at the University of West Florida at the request of the state legislature.
- The degree programs are offered completely on line.
- There are over 50 degree programs offered through various Florida state universities, Florida state colleges and private institutions in the state. They are in the fields of information technology, business, health care and education...as well as some two or three general programs for students who just need a few credits to complete their degree.
- The programs come with "concierge service", which offers an advisor to figuratively hold a student's hand throughout the entire degree program.
- UWF is offering an "RN to BNS" program, as many hospitals are looking for nurses with this degree.
- The cost of the program is set by the particular school offering the degree program a student is taking. So those offered by state colleges would cost less than those offered by universities. Cutting costs for all students will be a priority in coming years.
- To get started you can go to CompleteFlorida.org.