Most Active Stories
- Haas Center Debunks Claim That Pensacola Tops Florida's Payday Lending
- Florida Public Radio Emergency Network - Keep Up to Date With the Latest Information
- Spencer Bohren and the Write Brothers with Paul Sanchez, Alex McMurray, and Jim McCormick
- UWF Offers $1.5 Million To Boost Research
- Rolling Hills Landfill Fights To Keep Permit
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.