Most Active Stories
- Haas Center Debunks Claim That Pensacola Tops Florida's Payday Lending
- UWF Professor Reacts To Obama's New Cuba Policy
- Ethics & Intimidation At The Center of Valentino's Allegations Against Sheriff Morgan
- Spencer Bohren and the Write Brothers with Paul Sanchez, Alex McMurray, and Jim McCormick
- UWF Offers $1.5 Million To Boost Research
Dave came to WUWF in September, 2002, after 14 years as News Director at the Alabama Radio Network in Montgomery, Mobile and Birmingham and a total of 27 years in commercial radio.
The Trion, Georgia native was also news director at stations in Anniston, Scottsboro and Fort Payne in Alabama, where he also broadcast football, basketball and baseball play-by-play. Dave also “spun the hits” at rock and country music stations in Lafayette, Albany and Rome, Georgia and Burlington, North Carolina.
During his time at WUWF, Dave has earned a B.A. in Communication Arts/Journalism at the University of West Florida (Class of 2012). He’s married to the former Linda Shiell, a Pensacola native, and they live in Pensacola with their cat Callie and dog Monty. Dave is also a passionate fan of Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Falcons football; the Atlanta Braves, Pensacola Blue Wahoos and Pensacola Ice Flyers. His hobbies include comedy writing, guitar and computer sports games.