Most Active Stories
- ECUA Unanimously Takes Step To Sell Main Street Property To Quint Studer
- Guitarist Richard Gilewitz, Sally Spring with Ted Lyons, and songwriter Eric Taylor
- The Real Story Of 'Belle' Has Pensacola Connections
- UWF Lab Sciences Program Earns Accreditation Renewal
- Moderate Drinker Or Alcoholic? Many Americans Fall In Between
Dave came to WUWF in September, 2002, after 14 years as News Director at the Alabama Radio Network in Montgomery, Mobile and Birmingham and a total of 27 years in commercial radio.
The Trion, Georgia native was also news director at stations in Anniston, Scottsboro and Fort Payne in Alabama, where he also broadcast football, basketball and baseball play-by-play. Dave also “spun the hits” at rock and country music stations in Lafayette, Albany and Rome, Georgia and Burlington, North Carolina.
During his time at WUWF, Dave has earned a B.A. in Communication Arts/Journalism at the University of West Florida (Class of 2012). He’s married to the former Linda Shiell, a Pensacola native, and they live in Pensacola with their cat Callie and dog Monty. Dave is also a passionate fan of Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Falcons football; the Atlanta Braves, Pensacola Blue Wahoos and Pensacola Ice Flyers. His hobbies include comedy writing, guitar and computer sports games.