Most Active Stories
- ECUA Unanimously Takes Step To Sell Main Street Property To Quint Studer
- Guitarist Richard Gilewitz, Sally Spring with Ted Lyons, and songwriter Eric Taylor
- The Real Story Of 'Belle' Has Pensacola Connections
- UWF Lab Sciences Program Earns Accreditation Renewal
- Moderate Drinker Or Alcoholic? Many Americans Fall In Between
Carl Wernicke is a native of Pensacola. He graduated from the University of Florida in 1975 with a degree in journalism. After 33 years as a reporter and editor, he retired from the Pensacola News Journal in April 2012; he spent the last 15 years at the PNJ as editor of the editorial page. He joined the Institute for Human and Machine Cognition on May 7, 2012 as Senior Writer and Communications Manager.
His hobbies include reading, gardening, hiking, enjoying the outdoors and wildlife around his home on Garcon Point and watching sports, especially the Florida Gators and New York Yankees. His wife, Patti, is a senior vice president at Gulf Winds Federal Credit Union.
Carl is a regular contributor to WUWF. His commentaries focus on life in and around the Pensacola area and range in subject matter from birding to downtown redevelopment and from preserving our natural heritage to life in local neighborhoods.